最新职场英语场景详解

时间:2019-10-25 20:06:37 职场英语 我要投稿

最新职场英语场景详解

  职场英语场景1

最新职场英语场景详解

  【我现在是自由工作者】

  Dave: Yeah. You dont need to rub it in.

  戴夫: 是啊。不劳你落井下石了。

  Mary: And then she 1) made the deal with MicroPower. Vince wanted to sell for fifteen million...

  玛莉: 然后她跟“微力”谈妥了条件。文斯本想用一千五百万卖掉的……

  Dave: Fifteen? And Zina pushed them up to seventy-five?

  戴夫: 一千五百万?而吉娜逼他们出到了七千五百万?

  Mary: Thats right. Vince still stops by her office every day to thank her.

  玛莉: 没错。文斯到现在都还每天经过她的办公室,跟她道谢呢。

  Dave: Anyway, Im still happy I left. Im working as a 2) freelancer now.

  戴夫: 不管怎样,我还是很高兴我离开了。我现在是自由工作者。

  Mary: You really should have stayed with us, Dave.

  玛莉: 你当初真该留下跟我们一道的,戴夫。

  语言详解

  A: Who do you work for?

  你帮谁工作?

  B: No one. Im a freelancer.

  没有谁。我是自由工作者。

  【rub it in 落井下石】

  rub it in 的这个动作就像是一抹再抹,越抹越进去的感觉,而这个片语在使用上,就是“落井下石”的意思,明明人家已经很惨了,却还要打落水狗,在伤口上撒盐。

  A: So, your sister beat you in bowling!

  所以你妹妹打保龄球赢了你!

  B: Stop rubbing it in, OK?

  别落井下石了,好吗?

  A: Didnt I tell you over and over again she doesnt like you?

  我不是一再告诉你她不喜欢你吗?

  B: You dont have to rub it in.

  你不用落井下石嘛。

  1) deal (n.) 交易;make a deal with...与……交易

  2) freelancer (n.) 自由工作者

  职场英语场景四

  灵验了吗?SCENE 4

  电话响起

  Zina: Hi, Dave. This is Zina.

  吉娜: 嗨,戴夫。我是吉娜。

  Dave: Zina? Zina the Snake?

  戴夫: 吉娜?诈包吉娜?

  Zina: I got your e-mail a couple of months back.

  吉娜: 几个月前我收到了你寄来的电子邮件。

  Dave: Yeah? Which one was that?

  戴夫: 是吗?是哪一封?

  Zina: The one that said, "Youre a 1) creep. / From me you wont hear another 2) peep. / I hope you 3) wreck your jeep."

  吉娜: 上面写着:“你这讨厌鬼。/休想我会再理你。/希望你撞坏你的吉普车。”

  Dave: Right. That one. 4) Did it work?

  戴夫: 那一封啊。灵验了吗?

  1) creep (n.) 令人讨厌的人

  2) peep (n.) 小的声音。这里是指“消息”。

  3) wreck (v.) 撞毁

  4) Did it work? 有用吗?有效吗?

  语言详解

  A: I told dad you wrecked the car!

  我跟老爸说你撞坏车子了!

  B: Youre not going to get away with this. It was your fault, not mine.

  你脱不了关系。都是你的错,不是我。

  【Did it work? 灵验了吗?】

  要注意work 并不专指“工作”,有时指“灵光、有效”。

  A: My brain doesnt seem to work well today.

  我脑袋今天好像不灵光。

  B: Youre better take a walk outside. But be back soon. We have a lot of work to do this afternoon.

  你最好到外面走一走。但是要快快回来,我们下午有一大堆事要做。

  A: I understand you had a bad cold yesterday.

  我听说你昨天患了重感冒。

  B: Its gone. My grandmas pre**ion really works.

  已经痊愈了。我祖母的处方真的有效。

  职场英语场景五

  【我知道最适合的人选】

  Zina: OK, lets find somebody then.

  吉娜: 好吧,那我们就再找个人。

  Vince: Good. Ill take care of it.

  文斯: 好。我来处理这件事。

  Zina: Wait a second, Vince. You know what? Why dont you let me handle it?

  吉娜: 等等,文斯。这样吧,不好我来处理好了。

  Vince: Are you sure? 1) Do you have somebody in mind?

  文斯: 你确定?你心目中有人选吗?

  Zina: Yeah. Let me see if hell do it, and Ill get back to you.

  吉娜: 有。我先去看看他做不做,再跟你说。

  Vince: OK. Just keep in mind it has to be somebody who can 2) get along with Elvin.

  文斯: 好。切记这个人得要能跟艾文处得来。

  Zina: 3) Dont sweat it. I know just the guy.

  吉娜: 你别多虑了。我知道最适合的人选。

  语言详解

  A: If you need any help, just call.

  需要任何协助,尽管打电话来。

  B: Thanks. Ill keep that in mind.

  谢谢。我会谨记在心。

  【Ill get back to you. 我再回复你。】

  当有人问起你一些事情或是讯息,若你无法立即答复,得要先去研究研究的时候,就可以用上这句话 Ill get back to you.“我会再回复你。”表达等你一有结论就会主动联络对方的诚意。

  A: How much are these machines going to cost me?

  这些机器要花我多少钱啊?

  B: Let me check my figures, and Ill get back to you on that.

  待我先查看一下数字,我再回复你。

  【Dont sweat it.别花这心思。】

  sweat 是“流汗”,而若是碰到要费一些周折才能解决的事,流点汗肯定是免不了的。于是sweat 也可以用作名词,表示“苦差事”,引申做动词也就成了“费苦心”的意思,Dont sweat it 这句短语就是指“别花力气、心思在这上头”。目的是告诉对方不必大费周折,白花力气。

  A: Im sorry I forgot your birthday party.

  我很抱歉忘了你的生日派对。

  B: Dont sweat it. I had a good time anyway.

  别多心了。反正我玩得很愉快。

  1) Do you have somebody in mind? 你心目中有人选吗?文后的keep...in mind 则是指“谨记在心”。

  2) get along with... 与……处得来

  3) Dont sweat it 别白费力气了

  职场英语场景2

  【他手边有太多事要做了】

  Vince: Morning, Zina. Just wanted to say thanks again!

  文斯: 早安,吉娜。只是想再次说声谢谢!

  Zina: Hi, Vince. Thanks for stopping by. Hows the work coming along for the 1) online auction?

  吉娜: 嗨,文斯。多谢你又顺道过来了。线上竞标的工作进行得如何?

  Vince: Oh, yeah. Im glad you 2) mentioned that. I think we need to hire somebody new to 3) manage it.

  文斯: 对了。我很高兴你提起这件事。我认为我们得请个新人来负责这部分。

  Zina: Cant Elvin 4) handle it?

  吉娜: 艾文他处理不来吗?

  Vince: I think hes got too much on his plate.

  文斯: 他手边有太多事要做了。

  语言详解

  A: Will you tell your boss Im interested in a job?

  你会告诉你老板我有兴趣找工作吗?

  B: Ill mention it tomorrow.

  我明天就提。

  【have too much on ones plate 贪多嚼不烂】

  就算一个人的能力无穷,他的时间终究有限,若此时工作任务如排山倒海而来,难免让人怀疑他就算能一心二用,恐怕也免不了焦头烂额的下场,最后没有一样事情能做好。这种情况你就可以用Someone has too much on ones plate.来形容“(某人)贪多嚼不烂。”

  A: I think he has too much on his plate right now.

  我觉得他真的是贪多嚼不烂。

  B: I agree. Hes too busy to return my calls, and we have some important business to finish.

  我同意。他忙到没时间回我电话,而我们还有重要的公事要敲定呢。

  跟这个惯用词相近的还有have a lot on ones plate,“有很多事要忙”。

  A: I know youve got a lot on your plate. But you also have to consider your health.

  我知道你有很多事要忙。但是你也该为健康着想。

  B: I cant agree more.

  我完全同意。

  1) online auction 线上竞标

  2) mention (v.) 提及,说到

  3) manage (v.) 管理, 处理

  4) handle (v.) 料理,处理。take care of...亦为“料理,处理……”的意思

  职场英语场景3

  【他们心悦诚服吗?】

  Mary: Thats right. And Im going to be Vice President of Marketing.

  玛莉: 没错。而我将会是行销部的副总裁。

  Dave: 1) Way to go, Mary. A lot has happened during the last few months, hasnt it?

  戴夫: 有一套,玛莉。过去几个月还真发生了不少事,对吧?

  Mary: 2) You can say that again!

  玛莉: 我完全同意!

  Dave: Whats up with Vince and Elvin?

  戴夫: 文斯跟艾文怎么样?

  Mary: They work for Zina now.

  玛莉: 他们现在是吉娜的手下。

  Dave: And theyre happy with that?

  戴夫: 那他们心悦诚服吗?

  Mary: 3) Theyre in awe of her. After they saw how she crushed WebTracker...but I guess you know all about that.

  玛莉: 他们很敬畏她。在他们目睹她如何搞垮“网路搜寻家”之后......但我想那你全都知道。

  语言详解

  A: Thats a classy car!

  那台车真棒!

  B: Yeah, it belongs to the president.

  是啊,那台车是总载的.。

  【Whats up with...?……是怎么了?】

  这个句型可以用来询问人的状况,通常是你发现对方有啥不对劲的时候。

  A: Whats up with him?

  他是怎么回事?

  B: He and his girlfriend just split up.

  他跟女朋友刚分手。

  你也可以用这个句型来问事物。

  A: Whats up with the new air conditioner?

  这台新冷气机是怎么回事?

  B: The other one broke, so I went and bought this one.

  另一台坏掉了,所以我去买了这台新的。

  1) Way to go. “有一套。”这句短语是用来称赞他人的表现。

  2) You can say that again. 我再同意不过了。这句话是用来表达对他人说的话心有戚戚焉。

  3) be in awe of... 对……心存敬畏

  职场英语场景4

  【我发财了】

  Mary: Is that you, Dave? Oh, my gosh! The 1) backstabber who left us to work for the evil WebTracker!

  玛莉: 是你吗,戴夫?天啊!背弃我们去帮万恶的“网路搜寻家”做事的阴险小人!

  Dave: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Hi, Mary. How are you?

  戴夫: 对……嗨,玛莉。你好吗?

  Mary: Im 2) filthy rich! Havent you heard about the MicroPower 3) deal?

  玛莉: 我发财了!你没听说过“微力”的案子吗?

  Dave: Yeah, I guess I did. Theyre going to buy InfoKing?

  戴夫: 有,有听过吧。他们打算买下“资讯王”?

  Mary: Thats right. For seventy-five million. So how are you?

  玛莉: 没错。七千五百万的高。那你好吗?

  Dave: Im getting by OK. I heard MicroPower was going to make Zina 4) president of their new InfoKing Internet 5) division.

  戴夫: 还过得去。我听说“微力”将要让吉娜担任他们“资讯王”新网路分公司的总裁。

  语言详解

  A: Hes good at negotiating business deals.

  他很擅于协商生意条件。

  B: Then talk him into working for us..

  那就说服他来帮我们做事。

  【Im getting by OK.我还过得去。】

  get by 就是指“状况还过得去”,而在使用上,主要的状况有两种,一是指经济状况,get by用来表示钱虽然赚得不多,但是也够支付日常生活的开销了。

  A: Are you able to get by on the salary you make?

  你赚的薪水够你开销吗?

  B: Im able to get by, but it could be better.

  我的生活还过得去,不过还可以更好。

  get by也可以用来表示心理状态,形容心情持平,不能说心情不好,但也不是那种兴高采烈的情绪。

  A: How are you doing?

  你还好吗?

  B: Im getting by OK. You know, things just keep getting better and better.

  还过得去。算是渐入佳境啦。

  1) backstabber (n.) 暗箭伤人的人

  2) filthy (adv.) 非常,相当

  3) deal (n.) 交易;make a deal with... 是“与...交易”。

  4) president (n.) 总裁,总统

  5) division (n.) 分部

【最新职场英语场景详解】相关文章:

1.职场英语场景:他不生我的气?

2.职场英语场景六:他手边有太多事情要做了

3.职场英语:联系

4.地道职场英语

5.职场英语的五错误

6.职场英语:职业梦想

7.成功商务职场英语

8.职场英语:Expected Salary